What exactly is follow-up?
In other words, we need to take some actions after an event so that the event can move on to the next phase.
- We invest a huge amount of time and resources to make sure we bring in prospective buyers, but once the they have contacted us, we usually do not have a plan to turn a lead into an actual sale.
- It is important to realize that we get from these business prospects if we stay in touch with them. In fact, the prospects need to hear from you several times before they actually buy.
- By following up, we can increase our sales up to 80%.
What does the research say?
A research conducted by National Sales Management Association of America says that if sales opportunities are followed up, sales can be increased by 80%.
This means that if you we not following the sales leads up, you are losing 80% of sales.
Most of us do follow up our sales leads, but why do we not get this figure of 80% achieved?
The answer to this question is that are we following up enough number of times?
What the statistics say?
- 2% of sales are made on the first contact
- 3% of sales are made on the second contact
- 5% of sales are made on the third contact
- 10% of sales are made on the fourth contact
- 80% of sales are made on the fifth to twelfth contact
- 48% of sales people never follow up with a prospect
- 25% of sales people make a second contact and stop
- 12% of sales people make more than three contacts
Every sales lead starts with 80% probability, it is up to us how much and how professionally we follow it up to turn it into a sale.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):